Earthquake Valve Installation
What’s an “Earthquake Shutoff Valve”?
Required by law in buildings in some municipalities, an Earthquake Shutoff Valve protects your home, property and loved ones from harm in the event of an earthquake of magnitude 5.2 or higher. If you are building a new home or renovation you property in excess of 10,000 OR are selling a home. The shut off valve is installed between the gas meter and building, preventing fires or explosions due to gas leaks in the event of an earthquake. Safe Gas Services provides complete installation and retrofitting services for residential, commercial and industrial structures.
- The Homeowner’s Guide to Earthquake Safety, developed and adopted by the California Seismic Safety Commission.
- Seismic Gas Shut-Off Valve Requirements in Los Angeles, City of Los Angeles, Department of
Building & Safety, Information Bulletin #P/PC 2008-001
- Improving Natural Gas Safety in Earthquakes, California Seismic Safety Commission, Publication #CSSC-02-03, July 2002.
- Gas Shutoff Valve Certification Program, Division of the California State Architect.
- Certification requirement: Health & Safety Code Section 19200-19204
- LADBS Requirements when Selling Property
Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
We serve both residential and commercial clients and offer a variety of money-saving solutions. We combine our use of the highest quality parts and equipment, and our dedication to delivering exceptional work to provide you with satisfactory service.