Earthquake Valve Installation
Safe Gas Services offers fast, efficient, and safe earthquake valve installation for your home or office. Protect your home and family, eliminate human error, and save on your earthquake insurance costs with our professional earthquake valve installation.
FAQ About Earthquake Valve Installation
Required by law in buildings in some municipalities, an Earthquake Shutoff Valve protects your home, property and loved ones from harm in the event of an earthquake of magnitude 5.2 or higher. If you are building a new home or renovation you property in excess of 10,000 OR are selling a home. The shut off valve is installed between the gas meter and building, preventing fires or explosions due to gas leaks in the event of an earthquake. Safe Gas Services provides complete installation and retrofitting services for residential, commercial and industrial structures.
What is an “Earthquake Shutoff Valve?
- An Earthquake Shut-off Valve is a Gas Safety Device that is installed on your gas meter and automatically shuts-off the gas supply entering the structure in a 5.2 or greater earthquake.
Why are earthquake valves important?
- Earthquake valves are important because they help mitigate damage caused by earthquakes. Earthquakes may break gas lines and cause gas leaks. An earthquake valve will stop the gas supply entering the structure. This will help prevent explosive fire caused by gas leaks. Earthquake valves protect your home, property and loved ones from harm in the event of an earthquake of magnitude 5.2 or higher.
When is an Earthquake valve required?
- Depending on the municipality, earthquake valves are required in different situations. Cities, with a high risk of earthquakes, are adopting new codes requiring earthquake valves to be installed in order to help protect their communities. Los Angeles, Santa Monica and Culver City are just a few of the cities which require earthquake valves. These cities require professional earthquake valves to be installed whenever you are building a new home, selling a home, or renovating your property in excess of $10,000.
Where is the shut off valve exactly?
- The shut off valve is installed between the gas meter and building, preventing fires or explosions due to gas leaks in the event of an earthquake.
Safe Gas Services provides complete installation and retrofitting services for residential, commercial and industrial structures throughout the greater Los Angeles area to ensure that your property meets city and state regulations and to keep you safe.
The Safe Gas Difference Our Reviews
“All of the personnel were very courteous, very professional totally knowledgeable in what they were doing.” - Kathleen S.
“The safe gas company is easy to work with, a great price compared to other plumbing companies.” - Chy L.
“Easy to make an appointment within day-or-two, technicians top-notch and personable, understand all codes, can't say enough about these guys” - Baja B.
“They are reliable and reasonable. I have known this family for a long time. Highly recommend.” - Jayne
“Fabian and his team are extremely knowledgeable and all around great people!!” - Bradley A.
“The gas company couldn't even find the gas leaks but they were able to. They insured me that before they left everything would be fixed. And everything was fixed And my gas was turned back on.” - Mary F.
“They did a great job installing earthquake valves at 2 different building locations. I highly recommend them for any plumbing needs.” - David P.
“Nick was the tech that performed the installation. He was prompt, professional, and polite, and cleaned the work area.” - Victor G.
How Does an Earthquake Valve Work?
Installed on your gas meter where it connects to your gas pipes, the seismic valve prevents a gas leak or explosion in the event of a seismic event. Pressure is sensed under the diaphragm by the impulse line. When the pressure increases, the diaphragm lifts and pushes a spring up. When the spring hits a certain point, the latch mechanism of the valve releases, which closes the gas line effectively shutting off the gas supply.
Why You Need an Earthquake Shutoff Valve
Here are some of the main reasons why your property should have an earthquake valve:
- Protect your home and loved ones: a gas leak or an explosion can cause damage to your home and threaten the safety of those inside. Installing an earthquake shutoff valve is the most effective way to eliminate this threat.
- Eliminates human error: in the event of an earthquake or other emergency, you may not remember to manually shut off your gas. Additionally, you may not be able to shut off your gas safely. An earthquake valve eliminates these problems and protects you from the potential for human error.
- Saves money: while there is an upfront cost to have your earthquake valve installed, this will save you money in the long run by reducing your earthquake insurance cost.
Safe Gas Services specializes in gas safety, earthquake valve installations, heating services, and plumbing and sewer services. We can detect gas leaks, repair and replace damaged gas lines, and ensure that your property remains safe. With our professional team, years of experience, and advanced equipment, each and every client is guaranteed to receive the very best service.